Saturday, March 28, 2009

Date night... we went to see Monsters vs. Aliens

For date night, Dayna and I went to the movies and watched Monsters vs. Aliens in 3D. Now, while I must admit that $9 is a bit much for a matinee (because of the 3D), I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed the 3D. I was fairly confident it was going to give me a headache or make me nauseous, and I actually had no problems with either.

As for the movie itself... The voice talent that was involved was certainly impressive. Reese Witherspoon, Rain Wilson, Steven Colbert, Kiefer Sutherland, Paul Rudd, Seth Rogan, Will Arnet, Amy Poehler, Hugh Laurie. While all of these actors bring a lot of talent to the table, the screenplay itself was rather predictable. It doesn't carry the same amount of depth that a movie like "Wall-E" does. Having said that, I was highly entertained, and the 3D made for a great experience.

Recommended!

1 comment:

  1. I just want to comment on Dan's first V&B post! I guess neither of you are willing to be the 'silent' partner! :) Also, J is taking Em to see this movie over the weekend, so I'll pass along your review.
    S

    ReplyDelete